Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I've already stated what I have changed......hell I bet one of your furd daddies can recite it for me.

LOL......DJ suck for tuning. I can see you liking inflated #'s though.

Just conversatin dude. If your gonna talk **** about how great your furd is then it should be all Ford.

I go deep in them.........very deep
So 413sae yet you don't want to say what you changed? Yea because DJ sae numbers aka the most used numbers for comparison sakes on the web is inflated dyno #s . Highest number this car ever made was on a MD

Originally Posted by audacious nick
It's still funny that autofag can't even run what you ran, despite having 200rwhp more.
My car has already been faster on a crappy pass.

Everything in the engine is gm except the rockers and valve springs now.

BTW that dyno is pre rockers pre valve springs........sucks to eat crow I bet.
So that is the only changes?

Where did I get beat down??? I have a car with 200+whp deficit to these guys and running similar et/mph while still leaving on a 10bolt being n/a with just a bolt-on engine and leaving on a very streetable dr. Not to shabby IMO. All along none of them are n/a or even have a stock blower. Then after all their preaching they don't even build their sbf **** with ford parts when they were yakkin about their combo's. Proof is in the pudding bud.

But got the beat down????? Yea right.
Would you like to compare factory parts?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5.0 is the LS1 of it's time.....A few bolt on's and they're fit to take on the world

over rated I wouldn't say but a lot of people tout times that are out of the norm like my buddies 12.2 at 118 that was pretty crazy I thought
Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lawhead
5.0 is the LS1 of it's time.....A few bolt on's and they're fit to take on the world

over rated I wouldn't say but a lot of people tout times that are out of the norm like my buddies 12.2 at 118 that was pretty crazy I thought
His car sounds right on par with my buddies base model with just a catback M6 that no one seems to believe is real.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It would not be that hard. Most people don't dot their I's and cross their T's......I do.
To me that's obvious due to looking at how your Camaro ran. You say 515-530whp would be easily attainable for you to get out of your 346ci LS6 with just a heads and can swap. Ok, that's fine. I'd actually say hats off to ya if you actually did it. But why jump all over my *** when I say nearly 500 crank hp (my bad for using the stock LS7 output as an example) is attainable with a bolt-on and tuned 2000 Cobra R? Which is really only about a 75-80hp gain. And that is not some wild guess I pulled out of my lucky hat. Those are the power increases I read many owners getting from their modded Cobra R's.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 03-02-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
To me that's obvious due to looking at how your Camaro ran. You say 515-530whp would be easily attainable for you to get out of your 346ci LS6 with just a heads and can swap. Ok, that's fine. I'd actually say hats off to ya if you actually do it. But why jump all over my *** when I say nearly 500 crank hp (my bad for using the stock LS7 output as an example) is attainable with a bolt-on and tuned 2000 Cobra R? Which is really only about a 75-80hp gain.
I would not waste my time. The n/a 5.4 is a beast. They have made 615+ on stock cubes. More then any 346ci ls could say
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Fast makes GM intakes now?
Glad you asked.....That was on the ls6 intake also.

Want some bbq sauce for that crow?

2 ownages within a few posts. You want anymore today?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Banned

Glad you asked.....That was on the ls6 intake also.

Want some bbq sauce for that crow?

2 ownages within a few posts. You want anymore today?
lol wut?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1

I would not waste my time. The n/a 5.4 is a beast. They have made 615+ on stock cubes. More then any 346ci ls could say
You dont think the ls3 or ls7 cant do that?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

That wasn't my point...... I could careless what was on it on the time of the dyno I never said anything about your dyno numbers

Your CAR is filled with a bunch of non GM stuff......if you learned to read you'd realized I never said anything about your "Engine" until you brought up the Engine **** which in fact your car isn't fully GM again.....

Good try though Doug you almost thought you someone
Old 03-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Yes with enough cubes a ls can do it
Old 03-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Banned

Yes with enough cubes a ls can do it
And yet ford needed more cubes as well so whats your point?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Banned

And yet ford needed more cubes as well so whats your point?
My point is the modular has always had a bad rep for being a weak n/a platform. However the little 5.4 modular has made more then any 5.7 ls with stock cubes n/a. Do you not understand that?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
they're like liberals who yell "RACIST" to win an argument, then run away.
Pretty much
Originally Posted by Knight-Z06
What the hell is this thread about again ?
Me...as usual.
So 413sae yet you don't want to say what you changed? Yea because DJ sae numbers aka the most used numbers for comparison sakes on the web is inflated dyno #s . Highest number this car ever made was on a MD

My car has already been faster on a crappy pass.

So that is the only changes?

Would you like to compare factory parts?
Comprehend much???? Look at what your incestual brother asked me.

And no you haven't.....but you have had the best weather of your year to do it.

Would like to compare stock atmosphere's?
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
To me that's obvious due to looking at how your Camaro ran. You say 515-530whp would be easily attainable for you to get out of your 346ci LS6 with just a heads and can swap. Ok, that's fine. I'd actually say hats off to ya if you actually did it. But why jump all over my *** when I say nearly 500 crank hp (my bad for using the stock LS7 output as an example) is attainable with a bolt-on and tuned 2000 Cobra R? Which is really only about a 75-80hp gain. And that is not some wild guess I pulled out of my lucky hat. Those are the power increases I read many owners getting from their modded Cobra R's.
I didn't jump all over you....I give you some ****. Nothing serious. The point being that 5.4 is just more comparable to a ls6. The ls7 has them both out classed. Just the way it is.
Yea.....we can tell by how well your n/a 5.4 runs. ....lmao Your boosted 5.4 is not as quick as my n/a ls6. It didn't take much of ******* with a n/a mod motor for you to jump ship.

You see GT......when these guys talk this kind of **** w/o backing it up on their own behalf the ownage stays with me. When you yak about n/a 5.4's and have a blower on your own personal 5.4 that says it all. No more needs to be said.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Banned

I understand that completely but if your gonna compare the 5.4L to any lsx engine how about you compare it to the correct one instead of an outdated one..... thats like me comparing the ls7 to the 4.6L... not fair or right would you agree? So if its not a fare comparison lets not make that comparison because after all its a pointless comparison...
Old 03-02-2014, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

That wasn't my point...... I could careless what was on it on the time of the dyno I never said anything about your dyno numbers

Your CAR is filled with a bunch of non GM stuff......if you learned to read you'd realized I never said anything about your "Engine" until you brought up the Engine **** which in fact your car isn't fully GM again.....

Good try though Doug you almost thought you someone
The engine was all gm on that dyno......and yes I you hardcore. I led you right into that ****. I knew one of you would bite
My point is the modular has always had a bad rep for being a weak n/a platform. However the little 5.4 modular has made more then any 5.7 ls with stock cubes n/a. Do you not understand that?
You point is if the n/a 5.4 or 4.6 was so ******* great you would be running n/a......but you're not
Old 03-02-2014, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

I understand that completely but if your gonna compare the 5.4L to any lsx engine how about you compare it to the correct one instead of an outdated one..... thats like me comparing the ls7 to the 4.6L... not fair or right would you agree? So if its not a fare comparison lets not make that comparison because after all its a pointless comparison...
If you have noticed Mac none of the furd guys want to compare maximum of anything. They like to twist **** to their favor. The last few pages has been horrendously obvious of that.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Banned

Oh and auto stop calling the 4.6 or 5.4L little its not the engine is bigger then the ls1/6. Both engines are designed differently which gives different cubic inches. While giving around the same bhp and trq numbers. GM would make an OHC engine if they thought that they needed to but apparently they don't need to. How ever i will admit i figured the new 5.0 would have made them do it considering all they success it has
Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Oh and auto stop calling the 4.6 or 5.4L little its not the engine is bigger then the ls1/6. Both engines are designed differently which gives different cubic inches. While giving around the same bhp and trq numbers. GM would make an OHC engine if they thought that they needed to but apparently they don't need to. How ever i will admit i figured the new 5.0 would have made them do it considering all they success it has
the 5.0 is an inferior engine compared to gm and dodge, it's just in a better drag racing platform.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned

Hio i seen some of that and i also see some of it on the GM side as well. I hate ford with a passion but i still give credit where credit is due. Not saying you don't i seen where you have but some people just don't or like to compare none comparable engines or cars. (YES im guilty of that too)
Old 03-02-2014, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Weird considering how much of your car isn't GM anymore......

Nothing about your engine until you brought it which in fact you lied... Only reason the dyno picture was in the response is because you multi-quoted I didn't say a single thing about your dyno sheet......

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS